Independent Roofing and Cladding Consultant
For over twenty years, David was a member of the technical department of a major national roofing and cladding contractor, for five years as Technical Director. His responsibilities included monitoring and maintaining the Quality System for the company, representing the company on the Flat Roofing Alliance technical committee and the National Federation of Roofing Contractors sheeting & cladding committee. He was also a member of a number of British Standard committees, including BS6229, flat roofing and BS5427 sheeting and cladding.
David is a Fellow of Institute of Roofing and was technical advisor on “Tarmac Flat Roofing a Guide to Good Practice”, and joint author “Ruberoid Flat Roofing a Guide to Good Practice” in 1995.
Services offered include:
- Wind loading and fixing requirements
- Roof drainage and gutter design
- U value and thermal bridging to comply with Part L
- Condensation risk analysis
- Snow loading
- Product suitability
- Light gauges steel structural supports
- Acoustic properties of roofing and cladding specification
Roofconsult has developed aids to the use of relevant British Standards including Roofwind & Roofdrain spreadsheets.